Diamond Xtreme sound breaks volume control on keyboard

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by trscga, Mar 13, 2008.

1. trscga

trscga

I recently installed a Diamond Xtreme sound card in my Vista Home Premium machine. I allowed Vista to find the drivers since I had read that it now uses the C-media drivers.

Once installed I can no longer use the volume control on my Logitech MX3200 keyboard. As soon as I push either volume up or down the speakers are muted.

Has anybody else seen this problem or know of a solution that I can try?

Thanks,

TRSCGA

trscga, Mar 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. trscga

WAW8

What yo've got is a driver conflict. Logitech needs its driver loaded to control audio from the keyboard, but the sound app loaded its driver instead. It's unlikely that you're going to be able to mix drivers unless the audio app has a selection to default to Vista control over the volume.

I'm moving this post to our Audio & Video forum -- look for it there.

WAW8, Mar 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. trscga

trscga

Thanks for the response. So I guess I will have to wait or search for a better driver to this sound card. :crying:

Does anybody know of any Vista built in keyboard shortcuts to control the master volume or any software tools that might work with the volume control?

Thanks for any suggestions?

-TRSCGA

trscga, Mar 14, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question