Destination Folder Access Denied

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Tootzilla, Mar 25, 2008.

1. Tootzilla

Tootzilla

I recently bought a new Gateway Lap with Vista, first time really getting into the system... I was transferring music files from an old comp. When I went to erase a file it states "Destination Folder Access Denied". From there I followed the help menu and tried to change the administrator of the file, which would not work. From there I went to "Advanced Security Setting". Under "Current Owner" it states: Unable to display current owner. When you "change owner to", it states "Windows Security, Unable to Change Owner"... HELP!!! What am I doing wrong here? I can't do ANYTHING with this file!!! I would be forever in someones debt if they can tell me how to get this off of my new computer!

Tootzilla, Mar 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Tootzilla

WAW8

Would help if you'd tell us what the full path is of the folder containing the files you're trying to delete. Vista enforces new security rules on certain paths.

WAW8, Mar 26, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question