Destination Folder Access denied - You need permission to perform this action

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by mlnsharma, Aug 27, 2011.

1. mlnsharma

mlnsharma

I'm trying to copy a dll file from an ISO mounted through Daemon tools to a folder in USER directory. But it says "Destination Folder access denied".

I've edited the permissions of USER directory -> Full Control, changed Ownership to the user.

I'm the only user present in my PC and UAC is also disabled. So, I must be the Administrator with all rights.

How do I solve it??

mlnsharma, Aug 27, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. mlnsharma

WAW8

You're NOT the Administrator, nor do you have ALL rights. What you are is a general user -- with UAC turned off. Not the same thing.

You could try going through Computer Management --> Local Users and Groups and turning on the "real" Administrator account. Then, try logging on as the Administrator to see if that helps.

WAW8, Aug 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. mlnsharma

mlnsharma

I'm using Vista Home premium 64-bit OS. But I don't find Local users and groups under computer management in Admin tools. So, How do i turn on "real" Admin account ?

mlnsharma, Aug 28, 2011
  4. mlnsharma

WAW8

WAW8, Aug 28, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question