destination folder access denied issues

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by nimz87, Mar 28, 2008.

1. nimz87

nimz87

hey guys,

I'm new to vista forums, but I thought I knew enough about vista, that was until I came across this very annoying and recurring problem that no one seems to be able to find a solution to. I'm running an account as a soleadministrator on vista ultimate, yet I keep getting"folder access denied" when I try to either move, rename or delete certain folders and their contents. there was a thread I saw where someone addressed the issue for a C drive by going to security tab under properties for the drive and changing permissions to full. However, the folder/s that are giving me grief are actually on my f drive which is an external HDD, and doesn't have the security tab under properties or any other permission attributes. I've had this problem on my current PC and every other vista computer I'veever used.It's very frustrating and seems like there should be a simplesolution. Ifanyone has any ideas at all I would really appreciate it, and why doesn't microsoft address the issue? it's like a major fundamental bug or something... and the 'try again' option is a bit of a joke, I mean has 'trying again' ever actually worked for someone? lol.

thanx in advance

nimz87, Mar 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. nimz87

WAW8

We have a pinned post on Access Denied issues. Did you read that?

WAW8, Mar 28, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question