Desperate Help!!!

Discussion in 'Security' started by moespanxx, Nov 4, 2008.

1. moespanxx

moespanxx

Ok let me lay it out for you guys hope you can help!

I have Windows Vista... I wanted to Keystroke a password for my own personal use in my own computer.. Had some trouble finding a keylogger with a backdoor and stuff I finally found a working on Ive deleted the other files and installations and such. And now everytime I open FireFox it eiether shuts down or when I surf or anything by that microsoft windows box " FireFox has stopped working " then it shuts off. This never happened only after I installed the keyloggers and A program that is a IE Browser looking like MySpace FriendBlasterPro it doesnt the same thing with Firefox.... So I'm thinking the keyloggers infected those programs and sometimes Eset from NOD shuts down but the GUI is still on with the same issue like FF and FBP anyway... i got the newest updated version of NOD32 MalwareBytes and SpyBot Search and Destroy and did a full scan and found threats and was cleaned. And restarted and my issue is still occurring? I even ran a safemode and ran some tests and a few was cleaned as well. I did a HiJackThis and I dont really know what is it but people told me it scans and logs everything that is running so here it is if It might help:

moespanxx, Nov 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. moespanxx

WAW8

You asked about options, so let me outline some ...

Any reinstall is going to lose either (a) everything, (b) all your applications, settings, and data files, or (c) nearly nothing. A system restore is only going to lose recent changes.

So, you could try a System Restore to a time before the keyloggers grabbed your system.

If that's not available, only a recovery or reinstall will fix the machine.

Your log makes references to lots of HP stuff, so am I safe in presuming this is an HP box that came preinstalled with Vista? That being true, which did HP provide you: (1) Vista DVD to be used to reinstall your system, (2) function key that "recovers" your system, (3) instructions for creating recovery "media"?

The answer matters because that will indicate how much you will lose with a recovery or reinstallation.

WAW8, Nov 4, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. moespanxx

moespanxx

I think it has a recovery system though... should I transfer my important files into a CD/DVD Disc and use the Recovery System?

moespanxx, Nov 5, 2008
  4. moespanxx

WAW8

If it's the standard system recovery that OEMs provide, it will wipe your disk completely of Vista and all files, and reinstall it to factory-fresh condition -- so yes, you should back off your files before you do that. It will also remove any applications you have installed.

WAW8, Nov 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question