Desktop Windows Manager stopped working

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by sandragvc, Dec 3, 2010.

1. sandragvc

sandragvc

My problem is that whenever i start my laptop, I get the "Desktop Windows Manager stopped working" for the live messenger. But what's really my problem is that whenever i want to open mozilla firefox, it opens, but in less than a minute, it crashes right away. This also affected my safari and tells me that "safari has stopped working"..i read online that i should have checked the "DWM" in the services tab of "system figuration", but i don't even have an option because i don't have it in there anymore.. I don't know if its because i deleted some files i shouldn't have or wut is the prob.. If anyone can help me fix these problems, i would SO MUCH appreciate it. Thanx

sandragvc, Dec 3, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. sandragvc

Madman204

i had the same problem before about a weekb after my laptop totally crashed and had to reformat

Madman204, Dec 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. sandragvc

sandragvc

thing is, my laptop hasn't crashed. my IE is working normally, its just that im having that prob with mozilla crashing right away and the whole "Desktop Windows Manager stopped working" thing whever i start it up. does this mean i have to reformat it?

sandragvc, Dec 4, 2010
  4. sandragvc

Madman204

do you have Itunes and is that freezing up? because all other programs you mentioned happened to me. and it lead to me having to reformat.

Madman204, Dec 4, 2010
  5. sandragvc

sandragvc

Yeah, but that's working just fine.. Wut doesn't open at all is the safari. It says that safari has stopped working. Mozilla opens but just for a couple of seconds until it crashes

sandragvc, Dec 4, 2010
  6. sandragvc

Madman204

o, have you tried reinstalling Mozilla/safari. do they work fine when you got one installed at once?

Madman204, Dec 4, 2010
  7. sandragvc

sandragvc

i tried reinstalling firefox and nothing...its still the same. And as for safari, i updated it n same as well.

sandragvc, Dec 4, 2010
  8. sandragvc

Madman204

Madman204, Dec 4, 2010
  9. sandragvc

sandragvc

ok, so now i somehow managed to fix my mozilla n get it running normally, now thing is, the flash player keeps crashing n i tried to uninstall and install again n nothing.. Wut can i do?

sandragvc, Dec 4, 2010
  10. sandragvc

Madman204

Madman204, Dec 4, 2010
  11. sandragvc

sandragvc

thank you for the help

sandragvc, Dec 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question