Desktop Window Manager Session Disable?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by dragonpd78, Apr 17, 2013.

1. dragonpd78

dragonpd78

Hi everyone, I am new at this site and don't know where to post this thread so if I post this thread in a wrong place. I apology. I have a question and been trying to figure out how to fix it. I have an HP laptop running Window Vista and getting this message desktop window manager disable error. I couldn't watch B-Ray DVD on my laptop. I went on line and follow the direction that people posted and still nothing works. This what I did.

I click on start type services.msc, click start. When I see the service page then click restart and reboot. Well I did it and it still doesn't work. Anybody have any suggestion? Any clue? I really appreciated. Thank you.

dragonpd78, Apr 17, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. dragonpd78

Ztruker

Either you left out a step or you didn't actually make any change in the Services window. You should have scrolled down to some entry with Desktop Windows Manager in it, set it to Automatic and started it. Then a reboot to see if it fixed the problem.

Please post a link to the directions you were following so I can look at it.

Ztruker, Apr 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question