Desktop System Testing(Compatibility/Functionality/Stability) Coverage Leverage for V32 and V64

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by minalee, Aug 18, 2008.

1. minalee

minalee

If your platform will shipping both for V32 and V64 OS, it means that you need to qualify both for V32 and V64 OS. The best testing coverage is to quality with full coverage for V32 and V64. But with the schedule and manpower source, cost pressure, you need to evaluate the testing coverage with the good quality but with minimum cost.

From my viewpoint, I just proposed to do parts of testing based on V64 OS if full coverage with V32 testing, the testing strategy as following:

1. Driver related testing, just like audio, video, LOM, GFX...

2. application or SW related testing, just like game testing...

3. Memory related testing but focus on the total memory size is greater than or equal to 4G.

I just think that only do a little testing regarding the HDD/ODD/CPU...

It will be appreciated for you if you can give any suggestions or comments. If the V32 testing with 100% testing coverage, how many percentage will it need to take for V64 OS.

B&R

One world one dream

minalee, Aug 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question