Desktop "set as backround" puts pic on the taskbar.

Discussion in 'Security' started by m0tive_unclear, Mar 28, 2009.

1. m0tive_unclear

m0tive_unclear

No matter what i do to change backround on the desktop, it just changes color.. no pic i set... worked before but all of a sudden i right click "set as backround" and the pic i chose is now in the taskbar on the bottom.. u can see the pic all blown up on the taskbar.. never seen that before.. please help.. researched and come to conclusion.. virus/spyware/malware? Vista home premium 32 bit. Hp pavilion a1720Intel core 2 cpu 6300 @ 1.86 ghz 1.87 Ghz 1gb ram -- hope thats what u need to know.. please help.. vista corrupt .. if so.. i bought pc with vista in it and have no cd.. (original pc crashed over and over and i called hp and they sent me this one.. worked pretty go for like a year and half .. then really getting slow to use applications and desktop wallpaper only appearing on in the taskbar/toolbar on bottom.)

m0tive_unclear, Mar 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. m0tive_unclear

WAW8

me, neither. Does sound like some kind of infection.

You need to check to see if you have a recovery partition. Also, even though the vendors don't provide CDs anymore, they generall provide either a way to burn a recovery CD, or a boot option that will restore the OS to its original state.

You may need to check with HP if the documentation doesn't tell you which you have or how to use it.

Even then, a full recovery is going to blow away EVERYTHING you have -- files, data, apps, settings.

Would be better to see if you can boot into safe mode first and do a system restore.

If you end up having to do a full recovery, back off your data and settings first to an external device. But, you will have to reinstall any and all apps that didn't come preloaded.

WAW8, Mar 28, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question