Dell Inspiron 9100 Quickset drivers for Vista Ultimate

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by frhrnplyr, Sep 13, 2008.

1. frhrnplyr

frhrnplyr

I own a Dell Inspiron 9100 laptop which I just upgraded to Vista.

It has a host of functions which I am used to using with Dell Quickset. Now that I have gone to Vista Ultimate, I cannot find a version of Quickset which will install. The two times I have tried, the installer said that I didn't have the right version of Windows OS installed, and the other said that I didn't have the correct model to install.

Any help would be much appreciated!!

frhrnplyr, Sep 13, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. frhrnplyr

WAW8

Did you do the upgrade through Dell (as in anytime upgrade)? Or did you do the upgrade using a retail DVD? If the second, you will have to go to Dell to get their supplied apps/utils for Vista.

WAW8, Sep 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. frhrnplyr

frhrnplyr

Hello again,

I talked to Dell about it, but they gave me the line "sorry, the laptop shipped with the XP drivers and since you upgraded to Vista, we are no longer responsible for the driver support." They refuse to provide me with a driver.

I bought Vista Ultimate via retail, not the anytime upgrade.

Thanks for the help so far...any other ideas?

frhrnplyr, Sep 16, 2008
  4. frhrnplyr

WAW8

Since you bought a machine preloaded with Windows, when you replaced the Dell-supplied OS with something you obtained outside of their channels, you effectively voided any warranty (and any support agreement) with Dell. So, it's really their call whether or not to supply you with Vista-related stuff.

Since you have evidently already tried the XP version, unless you can find some other source to obtain Dell stuff, you're basically out of luck.

Sorry.

WAW8, Sep 16, 2008
  5. frhrnplyr

frhrnplyr

I understand. Thanks for your help.

frhrnplyr, Sep 16, 2008
  6. frhrnplyr

frhrnplyr

I have found a fix thanks to a friendly tip.

Apparently the Quickset Download file R130907 will work in Vista. Just run the auto unzip and when vista installer aborts the install due to "unsupported system," let the installer close.

Go to the folder in which you chose to unzip the files and find the R130907 folder and look for the setup.exe file located within. Then right-click and set Windows Compatibility to XP SP2.

A simple fix, and the file ran and installed perfectly for me on Vista.

frhrnplyr, Sep 16, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question