Dell 1907FP Locks up (sleep) in Vista Beta 2

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by nctarheel, Jun 28, 2006.

1. nctarheel

nctarheel

Have installed Vista Beta 2 5384 as a upgrade over a copy of XP home (SP2) however many times my Dell 1907 FP, wll go to sleep especially when I'm in IE 7 (that came with vista). I have updated the Video driver (ATI Rathon 9600 Pro) and dell monitor drivers from their manafactures websites. I have also, checked my power setting to make sure that nothing was set to sleep or hibernate, and screensaver is set to 20 mins, everthing else is set to "never". Note: the CPU appears to still be going as I am sometimes on a Flash site, or video/audio streaming site, and I can still hear the video/music playing in the back ground, however I can not do anything (on keyboard or mouse) to make it wake up. The cursor will freeze, just seconds before the screen go's black, and the yellow power light comes on, but then after that, I have to hard boot (power off/power on) the CPU to get back to the logon. Hoping someone here might have some ideas on what is happening, and how I might fix this.

nctarheel, Jun 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. nctarheel

Jason

Thats a wierd problem. There is lots of bugs like that. There is a new build out which is suppose to fix a lot of problem w/ beta 2. You may just want to deal w/ it until then. When your in safe mode it prolly doesnt do it, since its most likely a video driver problem.

Jason, Jun 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. nctarheel

nctarheel

Thanks Jason, Do you know when the RC1 of vista is coming out, I only heard later this year (that could be Dec 31, for all I know?):)

nctarheel, Jun 28, 2006
  4. nctarheel

Jason

Jason, Jun 28, 2006
  5. nctarheel

kaixadelta

shld b ok

kaixadelta, Jul 3, 2006
  6. nctarheel

younghv

Tarheel-

I just installed Vista - with a 1907FP, but the monitor is still showing as 'generic' in Device Manager.

The drivers (x64) from Dell error out.

Would you put in the link where you got your drivers?

Thank you,

younghv, Jul 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question