Deleted profile in Advanced User Profile Properties

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Cerena, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Cerena

Cerena

HELP: Deleted profile in Advanced User Profile Properties

Okay, I've obviously have done a big time no-no.

I went into my 'Configure Advanced User Profile Properties', and deleted what I thought was an extra profile (administrator) thing that was not needed. Turned out, I was wrong. I had 2 different profiles, one being about 22 or so GB and the other being 44MB. The first did not say it was administrator, but I could not delete it. The second was administrator, and I could delete it, and I did. Mind you, I did this, because my computer is taking up a lot of Hard drive space, for no reason at all. So I thought I had extra things in the secondary profile, and decided to see if it would help to delete it, It did not.

So now, the computer is running slower. I can not open certain things through webpages. I can not copy and paste files/folders onto my external hard drive without a box appearing stating: Location Not Available; C:\ is not accessible; Access is denied.

If I restart in Safe Mode, that both profiles are still there, but I do not know if I can get the one back to my normal account. Funny enough, I log into the Safe Mode, and then restart to normal mode, and go from having 28GB of free space, to 66GB of free space, without doing a thing other than logging into Safe Mode and back. That confuses me. It still confuses me more though, that I have 2 main programs that I've downloaded on to this computer, no files (I loaded them all on my external hard drive), and only do the normal windows updates, and out of 148GB, I only have 66GB free space. Hence the looking into things to see what in the world is using all this memory. (That's another issue I need help with, after I fix the account one).

My normal account is the Administrator account. I have no other accounts, and the guest account is turned off. I'm working with a Dell Optiplex 330, Windows Vista Business, Service Pack 2, 32-bit OS, Microsoft 2007.

So hopefully all this helps. I need to get my account back to rights.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
    Cerena, Feb 1, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Cerena

WAW8

You really do nead the "real" Administrator account, even though you don't think so.

And, unless you unhid the "rea" Admin account and are using that, you are NOT the Administrator -- only a general class user with SOME Administrator rights.

Read the attached article about how to restore the real Administrator account -- maybe it will help:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13880_3-10267413-68.html

WAW8, Feb 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. Cerena

Cerena

Help!!!!!!

Well, went into Safe Mode. Made a new administrator, and deleted the old (saved the files to a folder on the desktop in the process).

However. It's still giving me the same problem. I can not go into my C drive (explore it), I can not delete anything. It's still doing the same things in the new account. And what's worse, is I can't access any of my programs now, nor can I reload my backup files to the computer. (I backed them up before I started this process so that I wouldn't lose them).

So I'm at a complete loss of what to do.

Any and all help would be great.

Cerena, Feb 3, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question