Deleted almost everything I didnt need. Still showing a lot of used space.

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by Jarvis, Jul 18, 2013.

1. Jarvis

Jarvis

My new computer which has quite a few big games and fies on it is at 102gb/918gb. My vista computer has hardly anything on it says my whole account is only using 11gb. buy says the computer is at 116gb/451gb. also while sitting at desktop says it says im using over half my ram. Oh and while i got yall here everytime i try to do something it says I need admin permission but im on my admin account and its the only account on the computer. Oh and it says im using 7.8gb on my D drive were as my newer windows 7 says im using 0b. Any ideas? im just trying to use the old computer for storing files and stuff like that but if theres a major issue or something id like it fixed before i start filling it full of my information and personal pctures. Thanks ahead of time.

Jarvis, Jul 18, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. Jarvis

Olde Farte

Clear "junk" files.

Hello from Olde Farte,

Grab Hard Drive Powerwash (freeware). Been using it for a few years, it works - gets rid of all the .bak and .old, and .log etc files.

Wise Disk Clean and Wise Registry Clean are very good as well.

Browse Snapfiles for a few other good "clean up" utils.

Cheers,

OLde Farte

Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
    Olde Farte, Sep 21, 2014
    1. Advertisements

3. Jarvis

Termingamer2JD

I suspect you have something installed or left over which is taking up a ton of space, along with old logs and things :)

Termingamer2JD, Oct 21, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question