DAW hardly recognised by vista and not even by its own software

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Greiga, Jul 19, 2022.

1. Greiga

Greiga

Hi,

I have a Sony Vaio laptop still running on Vista for my DAW music production with TC Electronic's Impact Twin. It went good for a long time but a few weeks ago I asked to much calculations at once from Audacity, the laptop overheated and my adapter broke. I got a new one but now the Impact Twin (on firewire s400 connector) hardly gets found. When I put the connecting cable at the second socket at the back of the Twin, there appears sometimes but not often, the connection symbol. But now it's directly the 'Safely remove hardware' message clicking on the symbol, which was not there before.
    I changed my drivers but to no avail. Now I get code 10: apparatus won't start. The software of the impact Twin does not find the device. Anyone has ideas what to do to make it work again? Might it be just the cable? Or did the voltage peak change or damage something?

Regards,

Greiga

Greiga, Jul 19, 2022
    1. Advertisements

2. Greiga

Greiga

I misexpressed: it's the audio interface's software that doesn't find the interface (Tc Electronic Impact Twin) anymore: 'device not found'. Sometimes the interface also doesn't get found by vista.

DAW is Audacity 2.1.2 and works well.

Greiga, Jul 29, 2022
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question