Dashboard module has stopped working

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by beatsme, Jan 31, 2008.

1. beatsme

beatsme

"Dashboard module has stopped working"

This popup warning has just started to appear and I'm at a loss as to what it means or how to correct it. It started right after I installed itunes. I have since uninstalled itunes and tried a system recovery to a date just before itunes was installed but it still persist to popup. My laptop is about a month old with Vista Home Premium. Any ideas.

Found it. My dsl provider is SBC and it added some yahoo programs to my startup menu. I found the "Dashboard Module" and simply disabled it. I think the popups started appearing because I removed a yahoo program that I never use.

beatsme, Jan 31, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. beatsme

Jason

I cannot even find anything on Google that matches that error. If you restored it and it still has that problem...I will look around and see if I can come up with something but thats an odd one.

Jason, Jan 31, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. beatsme

WAW8

WAW8, Feb 1, 2008
  4. beatsme

beatsme

After a couple of days of absence, this popup is back again. I had reinstalled an MP3 cleaning program and the popup showed up hours later. Itunes had been uninstalled days ago and I don't know what to do with the yahoo program. May have to disable it if removing this MP3 program doesn't cure it. Never had this much trouble with my old XP. Thanks for the suggestions.

beatsme, Feb 3, 2008
  5. beatsme

jasamcd

I have just started to receive the same popup message each time that I start up, i.e. in a Microsoft Windows message box- "Dashboard Module has stopped working".

I have iTunes, but installed it about a month ago without any problemsaround the time thatI first purchased this Dell laptop with Windows Vista.

I do not knowof anything that I have done recently that would have triggered any changes.

jasamcd, Mar 23, 2008
  6. beatsme

WAW8

Did you read the suggested post? It makes reference to things you should check, including codecs, iTunes, QuickTime...

WAW8, Mar 24, 2008
  7. beatsme

glenja

I think this has something to do with the the Norton security dashboard and yahoo on

Vista environment. I don't really know how to solve it, but I did a search on my laptop for the problem in system log, and the dashboard problem is tied to the Norton security program.

If anyone figure how to resolved this, please post back asap.

Thanks

glenja, Jan 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question