D-Link on Vista?

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Ajunaleigh, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Ajunaleigh

Ajunaleigh

A few years ago, I installed Vista Home Premium on my really old computer, and I had a network adapter called D-Link GWL-520. I had a really bad virus, so I unplugged my computer for a few months. A few weeks ago, I decided to set it back up again, and everything, except the internet, works fine. I go to device manager, and it doesn't detect my NIC. I scanned for hardware changes one time, and it detected my NIC and I went to click "connect to" but right when I clicked it, my screen turned blue. That only happened once. My brother says it is not the virus that is causing problems. We have a computer in another room that has a Qwest router and is connected to his computer. He's tried everything, and we cannot seem to get connect to our other computer (wireless). Any help? Because D-Link discontinued my NIC, I thought that was the problem, but I am not sure. When I disagnose the problem, it says "needs to install ethernet controller, please insert disc". Very confused.

Ajunaleigh, Jun 12, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. Ajunaleigh

WAW8

You didn't say HOW the D-Link adapter is connected to your PC (internal or USB) but I'm going to guess it's internal to your PC.

It will keep prompting for a driver for that adapter until you physically remove it from your PC. IF you don't have a driver for it, and have search the D-link site and they also do not have a driver for it, you have no choice other than to replace it with somethine newer that DOES have a driver.

WAW8, Jun 13, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question