D-Link Internet Adapter

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by Sir Bob, Jun 11, 2006.

1. Sir Bob

kingofnexus

Petetheman: Dont spam! 6 posts repeating the same link was unnecessary!

kingofnexus, Oct 14, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Sir Bob

Apps_Developer

Though belated I am sending this reply to add it to the knowledge base.

Apparently D-Link does not yet have a driver for Windows Vista but you could try this and see if it works for you because it worked for me.

1. Download the latest version of the driver for windows xp from http://support.dlink.com/products/revision.asp?productId=DWL-G122

2. Make sure you uninstall your previous driver and reboot.

3. Unzipped the downloaded driver file and run the set up.

4. I did not have to reboot but you may reboot.

Notes:

The version of the driver I installed was DWL-G122 Revision C.

DWL-G122_revC 3.10 Updated Drivers. 10/31/2007

Version of my OS - Windows Vista Business edition

Apps_Developer, Jan 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. Sir Bob

iceysugar

I have the same problem and those links for the driver wont work for me. Mine is DWL-G122 version rev A. Also how do i disable it at the boot screen. I highlight that option and pressed enter and it just exit there, when i go back its the same as before.

iceysugar, Jan 9, 2008
  4. Sir Bob

choyro

For dwl-g122 and dwl-g132

If you internet works, you can get rid of the startup popups from Windows Defender. Here's the procedure: Start Button > Windows Defender > Tools > Software Explorer

Then under Category, select Startup Programs. On the bottom left, click Show for All Users.

Now disable the following:

1) Alpha Networks Inc.: ANIWZCS2 Service Launcher <-- this is for the WZCSLDR2.exe popup

2) D-Link: D-Link Wireless LAN Monitor <-- this is for the AirPlusCFG.exe popup

Someone also mentioned they are having annoying popups from other programs. If you search around in this area, you'll probably find those startup actions listed too. Disable those as well and you'll be popup free. :)

choyro, Jan 11, 2008
  5. Sir Bob

aigneredv

aigneredv, Feb 8, 2008
  6. Sir Bob

WAW8

iceysugar:

According to the D-Link website, there is no Vista driver for your revision. The Vista drivers don't start showing up until Rev D.

WAW8, Feb 8, 2008
  7. Sir Bob

ziggyff

I was also getting those error message popups and they were caused by Windows Defender at startup (but they were legit error messages) and they did not affect the wireless device from working , only the software utility provided by D-Link from loading (which D-Link support was useless in helping to correct).To actually get AirGCFG.exe and WZCSLDR2.exeto work, I had to place a different version of wlanapi.dll into the D-Link "program files" folder as there is a Microsoft version of the DLL in Windows/System32 that both programs do not use correctly. Both programs,AirGCFG.exeand WZCSLDR2.exe, use an older Alpha networks version of WLANAPI.DLLof a larger filesize and once I copied that older DLL file into the program folder I was able to get the D-Link AirPlus G Utility config menu to come up and load into the system tray. This utility replaces the preferred windows wireless utility (unfortunately)for viewing available wireless networks, etc., but at least you can now view the available signals. (and no longer get the error message popups at startup.

ziggy from idaho

ziggyff, Apr 25, 2008
  8. Sir Bob

medlinwsp2m

My D-Link adapter was error free before I installed XP SP3 and now I am also getting the errors. I still have an internet connection, but the errors pop up every time I log into Windows. So it seems this is not just a Vista problem.

AirGCFG.exe - Entry Point Error

"The procedure entry point apsSearchInterface could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

WZCSLDR2.exe - Entry Point Error

"The procedure entry point apsGetReady could not be located in the dynamic link library wlanapi.dll"

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers from the disk with no luck. Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

medlinwsp2m, May 10, 2008
  9. Sir Bob

TonyTiger

Very interesting. Apparently XP SP3 uses some component of Vista. My old computer with XP just downloaded and installed XP SP3. I have a D-Link PCI wireless card (with the antenna out the back). I get the exact same sequence of error messages. CLicking OK clears them and then the wireless communication works normally. Reinstalling from the D-Link disc doesn't seem to have any effect. Need to try the other driver link.

TonyTiger, Sep 2, 2008
  10. Sir Bob

Neil Mac

I, too, have had problems with this for the last week and a half.

If you poke around long enough, you will eventually find a solution to a problem.

A few posts up someone mentioned using an older wlanapi.dll link to replace the SP2 version.

Here is the information on a Microsoft page that looks like it fits the scenario.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/950720

As an afterthought, if the older version from D-Link can't be found, would it be possible (Safe?) to delete the newer wlanapi.dll file from the System folder and then re-load the older version from the original CD. (This trick MIGHT permit the older version from being ignored 'because there is a later version' installed?) No guarantees, mind you.

Neil Mac, Aug 22, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question