D drive nearly full?

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by kevbap, Dec 24, 2010.

1. kevbap

kevbap

Hello to everyone on the forum and firstly happy Xmas and a joyous new year!
    okay, here we go! i have a almost full d drive, now i have been downloading a lot of films, but have gone through all of them deleting maybe 95%, however its still showing, 14.9 gb free of 86.9 on D and 9.11 free of 50.1gb on C....i have erased all downloads from my e-mails, and now need some advice about what to do next? i have noticed that my fotos get saved to the D & C drives too? i also have music saved which seem to go to both drives also?
    surely this cant be correct?
    also i use 'Movie Player Classic' for all my clips and video's but can someone recommend me another good player as this one is dated now! i also have problems with video's freezing! ie they stall and the sound makes a very annoying noise which i have to turn the laptop off to stop!!
    Please make any replies as simple as possible as i am now learning my basic programs.
    Many thanks and i hope i dont annoy anybody with my constant questions whilst i teach myself!
    Kevin

Attached Files:

kevbap, Dec 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. kevbap

clifford_cooley

Hi kevbap - Welcome to vistaforums

This software will let you know where your space is being used.
    Please be careful though, the software will allow you to remove files from any of the areas.

SpaceMonger Version 1.4.0

If you have any questions after looking at this software, I will do my best to assist you.

Please note:
    I linked to an older version because the newer versions are not freeware.

clifford_cooley, Dec 24, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. kevbap

kevbap

thank you Clifford, i will give it a whirl right away, will let you know how i get on , ok?
    Kevin

kevbap, Dec 24, 2010
  4. kevbap

kevbap

Lap Top

happy xmas Clifford, i tried the program you suggested and it froze! i know i don't have any viruses unless really deep rooted! so i am still struggling with my LT.
    i will have another go at it today, but if all else fails im going to have to take it to a shop to fix.......now im living in Thailand and i dont want to risk these idiots ! sorry but they are sometimes damned annoying ! playing around with my personal LT.
    can i save the entire d drive to disk and totally erase my d drive????
    drastic i know but ??????? good idea?
    many thanks in advance, Kevin

kevbap, Dec 25, 2010
  5. kevbap

clifford_cooley

I was hoping that program would work for you. :(
    It is a old program though.

Open explorer and from the route of each drive you should see a folder list. If you right click on each folder and select properties, you can see how many files and how much space is being used by that folder. You should be able to trace down which folders are using up all your drive space.

clifford_cooley, Dec 25, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question