Cyberdefender and Polar Meter software compatable?

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by any1have1, Feb 15, 2009.

1. any1have1

any1have1

I am thinking of upgrading to Vista 64, or the Win 7 Beta 64 - from WinXP 32.

I have the paid version of Cyberdefender anti-virus software which I really like, and a Polar heart rate meter with an IR scanner.

Does anyone know if these will move to Win Vista 64 - I assume yes, but I read that there are compatibility issues with some software and drivers.

Are there any guidelines or 'rule of thumb' for determining compatibility?

any1have1, Feb 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. any1have1

WAW8

We have a linked post that will direct you to the MS site where you can check individual applications for compatibility.

General guidelines:

1) Anything that uses a 16-bit installer will not work in 64-bit Vista or newer.

2) Apps written using XP drivers for video and/or audio will most probably NOT work in Vista.

Also realize that even two years AFTER 64-bit Vista made the scene, there are still problems getting some stuff to work in 64-bit Vista.

So, only the application provider knows for sure whether or not their app works with Vista 32-bit or 64-bit. MS has done some testing and posted their results on the link referenced above.

Since Windows 7 is based on Vista, anything that doesn't work in Vista is likely NOT to work in Seven as well.

WAW8, Feb 15, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. any1have1

rockin42nite

any1hav1,

Since you have the paid version of Cyberdefender you get access to their 24/7 customer support, by email or phone (I have it too so I know). Give them a call and ask them about the compatibility.

They are so wondrful and helpful over there. We had a problem getting our scanner to work with our computer - I know it seems so silly - but sometimes computers are just silly like that. Anways, I called them and got someone right away and they helped me no probljm. They're goo dlike that (thanks Cyberdefender crew!!)

Best of luck to you - i hope itall works out okay for you.

rockin42nite, Mar 25, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question