Customize Vista Basic Theme

Discussion in 'Sidebar & GUI Customization' started by maestrooscuro, Jan 25, 2007.

1. maestrooscuro

maestrooscuro

On my notebook, my main machine, I can't run Aero, but would like to change the colour of the Vista Basic theme. Does anybody know if there's a registry entry or something like that that would allow me to change it?

maestrooscuro, Jan 25, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. maestrooscuro

WindozBaby

right click on the desktop, click on "personalize", then click "Window Color and Apperance".

you can change the color of the theme any color you want.

WindozBaby, Mar 8, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. maestrooscuro

G_G

Wrong. Please read OP's post carefully. He wants to change the hideous Vista Basic theme colors, not the less-upsetting-but-not-by-much Vista Aero. No, I'm afraid the ugly colors stay, seeing as any color you select on the "Advanced..." settings doesn't apply to the theme itself. Not surprising though is it?

But while we're on the subject, who in Microsoft's board dictates that we should have Windows 95 themes on a 2007 OS? Nice joke there at our expense.

[​IMG]

G_G, Dec 11, 2007
  4. maestrooscuro

MrMagic

Actually I don't remember exactly how I did it but I did get the themes from the XP Plus! CD to load on Vista. The themes themselves don't work very well but the screen savers work ok. Best themes for Vista I think are Windowblinds, whole skins.

Steve

MrMagic, Dec 12, 2007
  5. maestrooscuro

xXGalaxiaXx

Umm I saw this off some site, which I can't remember which one at the moment but the instructions are:

Activate the Aero interface in Vista Home Basic

Edit both keys in the registry under "Hkey_Current_User \ Software \ Microsoft \ Windows \ DWM \"

Change the values of the entry Composition to 1 and the value of CompositionPolicy to 0 and restart your computer afterwards.

hope it helps :D

xXGalaxiaXx, Mar 26, 2008
  6. maestrooscuro

WAW8

[Moderator] No, this does NOT help. Please read the thread topic before posting. The original poster is not asking about using Aero, they're asking about changing the colors in Vista Basic. Telling them how to run Aero is not answering their question.

Besides, I've already tried this and several other so-called Aero patches, and they do not work.

WAW8, Mar 26, 2008
  7. maestrooscuro

Arakata

[Post deleted by Moderator]

If you're only going to come here to make smart-arse remarks -- then go away!

Arakata, Jul 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question