Critical error - No suitable graphics devices found

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by FrostyWinnipeg, Apr 15, 2013.

1. FrostyWinnipeg

FrostyWinnipeg

Trying to solve friends problem using TeamViewer as they are 1000 miles away.

He gets this message "Critical Error - No suitable graphics devices found" on some of the games in Vista. I'm talking about Solitaire and Mahjong. Inkball works.

Happened only recently so I suspected the Windows Updates of the past week and uninstalled them. No change.

I've uninstalled the graphics driver and had Windows download and reinstall it. Same thing. I've tried downloading the latest drivers from Nvidia but that fails on attempt.

Only seen couple references to the problem on the interweb. Some have solved it using System Restore but that is out as each one i try I get a "system restore did not complete successfully" , "transcient error" , 0x800423f3.

Someone suggested reinstalled .NET 1.1 and that is interesting. Windows Update log shows failed attempts on a .net 1.1 update so I'm going to try to remove .net's and reinstall them today.

Thoughts from the roundtable?

P.S. My first posting!

FrostyWinnipeg, Apr 15, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question