creating a recovery partition and adding the f? at start up

Discussion in 'Main Lounge' started by jktb75, Jul 27, 2007.

1. jktb75

jktb75

i want to create a recovery partition and add the "press f8 to start system recovery" at start up in vista. can this be done? can anybody please help

jktb75, Jul 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. jktb75

AmericanNightmare

Is your version OEM? I am assuming so since you have no recovery options in the boot menu but i could be wrong. Here is one way to do what i believe your asking but i must admit this is not my area of expertise by any meanshowever since i'm the one here here's my best shot. (Iam create a ghost on a seperate drive/disk type guy)

Anyway here it is - http://blogs.msdn.com/winre/

AmericanNightmare, Jul 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. jktb75

jktb75

yes my version is oem and i have tryed to do what it sad in the link but i couldnt get windows reto run.

what i meant is:

i have a friend that bought a pc that came with a hiden recovery partition and when he would stare his ps he has the option to press f3 for system recovery.

the reason why i want to do this is because im sick of having to put all the software back after fresh install.

your help is verry apreciated!!!

jktb75, Jul 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question