Corrupt User Profile (Administrator) PLEASE HELP!!!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by masha86, Oct 19, 2013.

1. masha86

masha86

Hi

Last night, my computer decided to glitch on me and would no longer allow me to log into my one and only account on my Vista-based system; I was presented with "User service profile failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

I´ve been researching so much, and have found lots of threads but none seem to target my problem at all.

I only have 1 account on my laptop, and it´s been given administrator privileges, but as I said, it´s the only account on the computer so I am unable to log into another to complete what other threads instruct. Stupid, I know! I had no idea about this big mistake until last night.

Many posts say to boot the computer up with the F8 selection, select Safe Mode + Command Prompt, and then log on, but I still CANNOT log into the account when Safe Mode has been selected, I´m still given the same message of "User profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

I booted my computer up with F8 again, selected "Repair your computer" and tried to work with the Command Prompt there, but it´s proven useless effort on my part. I´ve tried to enable the built-in Admin account, but haven´t managed to do that since I am unable to get passed the log-on screen. Each time I´ve entered "net user administrator /active: yes", it´s given me the message that the command prompt was completed successfully, but whenever I restart the computer, the only account available is my account, which is inaccessible.

Any advice on how to combat this problem? I was in the process of backing-up my files, but stepped away, came back and had to log back into my user name, and then received that message; 20 minutes away and everything just shut down on me with that message and I have NO idea what to do.

I just really need to get my files off of the computer.

Someone posted that it is possible to enable the built-in Administrator account, even in a situation like mine, but that it would be difficult, but neglected to share how to do that.

Please help if you are able to!!! I am so desperate. I have no idea how to get all of my files off of my computer! Others have suggested a clean restore but that is not the point at all.

Thanks in advance!

masha86, Oct 19, 2013
    1. Advertisements

2. masha86

Ztruker

See here: How to use the Command Prompt in the Vista Windows Recovery Environment

Once at the Command Prompt, type net user administrator /active:yes and press Enter.

If you do not have a Windows Vista installation DVD, you can download a legal copy with SP1 integrated from here:

Download Official Windows Vista RTM with SP1 Setup Files (32-bit and 64-bit).

Only Windows Vista Ultimate with SP1 (X64 or X86) download is available, but if, during the install, you do not enter the product key
    when initially prompted for it (which you must have to use the download), then you will be prompted to select the version of Vista you
    want to install. You can activate once the install is done.

You do need a valid installation key, which should be on the COA sticker on the computer, to activate the installation.

Windows Vista Home Basic
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Windows Vista Business
    Windows Vista Ultimate

Downloaded the Vista X64 or X86 files.

X64: You must be running on a 64bit (X64) system to create a 64Bit install DVD or flash drive
    install.wim
    boot.wim
    X14-63453.exe

X86:
    install.wim
    boot.wim
    X14-63452.exe

Double click on X14-63453.exe or X14-63452.exe. It extracts all the files into a Vista sub-folder.

Downloaded Windows Bootable Image Creator zip then extract the files to a folder.

Open the folder and run WBICreator.exe
    Click Next
    Select OS Type: Windows Vista
    CD/DVD Label: VistaX64 or VistaX86
    Setup Location: The Vista folder created when you double clicked on X14-63453.exe or X14-63452.exe.
    Output Path: Somewhere with enough free space to hold the .iso file that will be created (X64 = 3,837,112KB, X86 = 3,013,816KB).
    Click GO.

When done a VistaX64.iso or VistaX86.iso file will be created in the Output Path you chose.

You can use the .iso as input to a burner program like ImgBurn to create a Vista Install DVD, or you can use it as Input to
    Universal USB Installer – Easy as 1 2 3 to create a Vista install flash drive.

I created a X86 flash drive and used it to install a clean copy of Vista Home Basic on my HP DV2200 Laptop. Worked great using the key on the COA sticker of the laptop.

Remember to use the X64 or X86 version of Vista you currently have.

Note: You may need to download drivers for the computer from the manufacturers web site so I would suggest getting the Network (LAN and Wireless) and video/VGA drivers ahead of time so you can install them as soon as you finish installing Vista.

Ztruker, Oct 24, 2013
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question