Cool n' Quiet

Discussion in 'Drivers' started by AmericanNightmare, Sep 10, 2007.

1. AmericanNightmare

AmericanNightmare

I don't use CnQ never have for obvious reasons as CnQ and big overclocks don't mix especially w/a vid mod but anyway a member over at overclock.net has been trying to run CnQ on his Vista rig. and he reports that it works but not how he expected it either takes his CPU down to 1/2 clock idle or full under load. He wants to know if this is normal behavior or if CnQ should be more precise. I had no clue and i searched about with no real answer found and i was wondering if any of you guys or gals use CnQ and how it responds on your Vista machine so i can report back to him on if and how this can be corrected if it is indeed an issue. Thanks in advance everyone.

I would just load the drivers and enable it myself in my BIOS but i have my clock right where i want it and i don't want to fiddle with anything.

* I used it with XP a long time ago but i can't remeber how well it worked.....

AmericanNightmare, Sep 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. AmericanNightmare

AmericanNightmare

I know we don't bump around here but........BUMP!

AmericanNightmare, Sep 16, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. AmericanNightmare

kingofnexus

I used to use cool 'n' quiet too, but havent for a long time. I cant remember how it worked either.

kingofnexus, Sep 16, 2007
  4. AmericanNightmare

AmericanNightmare

Thanks anyway the general consensus elsewhere seems to be that is just the way C n'Q works.

AmericanNightmare, Sep 18, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question