Constant Explorer Crashes

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jimmmeh, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Jimmmeh

Jimmmeh

Hey guys, I am running the latest build of windows vista and have had this problem the last 3 builds I have used. Basically I have a second hard drive which I use to store all my media and downloads (the folders therefore change quite regularly, not sure if this is part of the problem). The problem is, when trying to delete files or sort through my various media folders, explorer.exe hangs ALL the time taking up all available CPU resources and rocketing to 150-200mb of ram usage. I have turned off indexing on the drive but this has not helped. It is very annoying as it makes file-management almost impossible for me. The main culprit is my newsgroup download folder, quite often just double clicking a folder is enough for explorer to completely freeze. I also have the problem when trying to delete an avi file. It just hangs on the "calculating remaining time" dialog. Has anyone else experienced this problem and if so have any advice for me? Vista works perfectly for me apart from this but it is really hampering my experience. Thanks in advance guys. James.

Jimmmeh, Sep 28, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question