Confusion over reading RSS Feeds in Windows Vista

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Jason, Oct 3, 2005.

1. Jason

Jason

<DIV class=postsub>

Ok so this is one area I am a little confused on. Microsoft says Windows Vista will be include RSS technology allowing users to harvest web feeds. Well, I've yet to see anything that really blows me away in terms of RSS in Windows Vista.

We have the new Windows Sidebar that will have Gadgets that read RSS Feeds. Very cool. We have Internet Explorer 7 that will read RSS Feeds within the browser. Also very cool.

But I have tons of RSS Feeds I'm tracking. I'm surely not going to want to enable Windows Sidebar to track 25+ different RSS Feeds!

Of course I could always use Start.com - a web-based RSS Aggregator. I already do so today.

WillI be able to go into program like "Windows Feed Reader" or something like it where all my RSS Feeds are viewable and saved? Pretty much a built in Windows RSS aggregator?

I also know that Vista will create RSS Feeds FOR you. In Windows Calendar, you can publish your Calendar into RSS! That's neat.

How about this: what about sharing personal RSS Feeds made by a Vista user over the new P2P technology? For example, we have a family of 5 people. The mother and father share 1 computer and the 3 kids have their own. Wouldn't it be cool if the kids could view their parent's RSS Feeds via their internal family network? Or even better yet, what if the kids want to share their top 10 music artists?

I look forward to seeing what the next CTP build brings us as well as Beta 2 for Windows Vista.</DIV>

Jason, Oct 3, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question