Conflict: a kernal problem has occurred. Please disable all Anti-Virus programs and dubuggers.

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by Andyg10, Oct 1, 2007.

1. Andyg10

Andyg10

Hi,

Im having a problem with patching Spellforce Order of Dawn/Breath of Winter Gold eddition on Vista 64bitThe game seems to have installed ok and seems to play ok, but when i come to patch it with either 1.38 or 1.52a patches it comes up with the error in the title. Can anyone help? I really want to patch it as i dont think its worth playing without it. Are there any patches out for Vista to allow the patch to work or does anyone know of anything that can be done?

Thanks in advance.

Andyg10, Oct 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Andyg10

Jason

Most likely that patch is not compatible with Vista x64. There are a lot of compatibility problems as far as third party software/games are concerned. Check online to see if anyone has patched that game on Xp or Vista x64.

Jason, Oct 1, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Andyg10

kingofnexus

Game patches are very annoying sometimes as they usually are more fussy about when they are going to install than game itself. Dont forget to run it as adminstrator, and/or set to xp service pack 2 compatability mode. (Both can be reached from right clicking the patch and selecting 'properties').

kingofnexus, Oct 2, 2007
  4. Andyg10

gussurvival

I used to get this on xp running any version of sp o of dawn.It was definatly down to the patch.My message would read that a hook process had been detected and to diable anti virus.i found if you uninstall it and load up to the second last patch it was fine.

gussurvival, Dec 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question