computer wont read mpeg-2 files? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by darrenleefox, Jan 16, 2011.

1. darrenleefox

darrenleefox

Hello. I have recorded some tv programmes with my dvd recorder and it always does so in MPEG-2 format. But when i pop the disc recorded disc into my laptop, windows does not detect the file, it detects the disc but show up nothing for it which means it wont let me convert it. I want to actually convert the file into an mp4 so i can put the things i recorded on my ipod for when i go away on holiday. Do i need some sort of code which allows windows to read the files on the disc? cheers

darrenleefox, Jan 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

2. darrenleefox

clifford_cooley

Hi darrenleefox - Welcome to vistaforums

After your DVD Recorder finished recording, did you finalize the recording? While recording data is being placed on the media. Finalizing the disk will place data records on the media (Basically an index on how to locate the data on the disk), so that other devices can find the data on the disk.

clifford_cooley, Jan 16, 2011
    1. Advertisements

3. darrenleefox

darrenleefox

thanks for your reply. how do you mean finalise it? i cant find an option on my dvd recorder that relates to it, other than 'protect'? cheers

darrenleefox, Jan 16, 2011
  4. darrenleefox

darrenleefox

Worked a treat. i 'finalised' the disc as you said and managed to convert the file as an mp4. Thankyou so much : )

darrenleefox, Jan 17, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question