Computer hangs or freezes after starting

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by Greg_C, Jan 2, 2015.

1. Greg_C

Greg_C

Hello Everyone,

Hopefully someone has the knowledge to help me.

I have a Dell Vostro 1500, Vista Business installed.

Over the past few days:

* On a normal start up, the computer freezes after a few minutes.
    I receive either "failure-security options" pop up or the computer freezes with only the pointer working.
    The blue hard drive light goes out-the CPU usage from Task Manager goes to 0%-1% and stays there.

I was able to copy down the information from one pop up that mentioned I was saved from a BSOD crash:
    Problem Signature:
    Problem Event Name: Blue Screen
    OS Version : 6.06002.2.2.0.256.6
    Locale ID : 1033

Additional Information About The Problem:
    BCCODE: f4
    BCP1: 00000003
    BCP2: 8F639608
    BCP3: 8F639754
    BCP4: 82A5FC30
    OS Version: 6_0_6002
    Service Pack: 2_0
    Product: 256_1

* No problem starting and running programs and internet with "Safe Start w/ networking."

* The only thing I added was a Microsoft Update in the past few days.
    I wanted to do System Restore, but there are no System Restore Points.
    I used System Restore about 3 weeks ago because of another Microsoft Update was also causing start up problems.
    I didn't knowingly erase any System Restore Points or turn off System Restore.

* I have run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and I had it quarantine {PUP.Optional.Sanbreel.A, PUP.Optional.Sanbreel.A, PUP.Optional.Instacore.A, PUP.Optional.Hold.A}

* I ran AVAST antivirus recently with no indicated viruses, but not in the last few days.

* Chkdsk fixed C drive by removing a few entries, and fixed a couple of bad sectors.

* sfc/scannow hangs exactly at 82% and I had to do a hard shut offs.

If anyone is knowledgeable about how to correct the above situation, please reply with the solution!

Greg_C, Jan 2, 2015
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question