Computer hangs at crcdisk.sys

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by srblush, May 26, 2009.

1. srblush

srblush

My wife did a hard shutdown on my computer and the next time I tried to start it up, it hung at the Microsoft screen. I tried in safe mode and it loaded to \drivers\crcdisk.sys and hung there. I then tried to do a reinstall from a windows disk, same problem. I then changed to a new hard drive and it loaded and worked for about 3 days. The same problem happened again. I have now tried a clean install on 3 hard drives no luck. I checked my memory by removing all but 1 stick, dissembled everything and put in a new case, I was going to do that anyway, and checked all connections. Could this be a motherboard or processor problem? Hardware? fyi, I was running vista 64 on nvidia mb, core 2 duo, 4 gig ram. Thanks

srblush, May 26, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. srblush

WAW8

Sorry, but as I just got done telling another poster, we're not a general purpose hardware troubleshooting forum. We're focused specifically on Vista-related issues and don't have the resources to take on more general stuff.

WAW8, May 26, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question