Computer freezes after startup

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by hatevista, Jul 15, 2010.

1. hatevista

hatevista

I just started having this problem this morning. When I went to turn my computer on the battery was dead which was strange because I put it in hibernation and had about 50% life left. After I turned it on and logged on the computer froze about 2 minutes later. I tried to restart it a couple of times but it kept freezing. Then I booted it in safe mode and scanned it with Malwarebytes but it found nothing. I tried to boot the computer again in safe mode with networking but I couldn't connect to the internet which is also strange because I can use the internet when I start the computer normally before it freezes. I restored my computer to an earlier state but that didn't help. I also tried the Vista "Repair Your Computer" program and had no luck with that either. I have Comodo Firewall and everytime I turned the computer on I would get a popup asking if I wanted Fsynsrvstarter.exe to connect to the internet. Fsynsrvstarter is a HTC Sync program so I uninstalled it but the problem persisted. I uninstalled Spyware Blaster because when I went to Program Files I saw that it was modified at 4:30am, but I wasn't using the computer at that time, so I figured maybe one of files became corrupt. However, that did nothing to solve the problem, so I tried to uninstall Comodo Firewall as well, but nothing. I disabled a couple of things in the startup services but that didn't help either.

Anyone know what could be causing the problem???

BTW sorry for the long post.

hatevista, Jul 15, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question