Compressed Zipped file mishaps

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by tsmith, Nov 12, 2010.

1. tsmith

tsmith

Everytime I try to download a compressed zipped file is says "Compressed (zipped) file cannot be open", "Compressed (zipped) file is empty" or "other files exist the selected locations do not contain pictures, but other files exist. to view these files, on the view menu click show pictures only". Now it not only says these things but it does not download as a zipped file anymore it downloads with the icon for windows photo manager file even the other files I previously downloaded months ago that use to have the icon of a folder with the zipper. Can anyone help? Does anyone know why this is this happening? :(

tsmith, Nov 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. tsmith

Lech

Are you downloading from the browser or with a separate program? If browser - which one
    and what version?

Lech, Nov 12, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. tsmith

tsmith

I have tried Windows Explorer and Monzilla Firefox. It downloaded and opened once with Firefox but the next day it was back to the usually problems. With windows explorer no luck at all.

tsmith, Nov 12, 2010
  4. tsmith

Lech

I'm guessing, you have the latest version of Firefox? If you running the NoScript add-on with it
    make sure that you allow it on this page. If you don't use it, I don't know what to tell you, other than trying to install one of the download managers and try with that. One pretty good
    is FlashGet 3.5 (freeware), that also installs as a Firefox's add-on. Just have to set it to English, which may be a little tricky.
    Also you might visit this page: http://www.minecost.com/zipfiles.htm or http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308090

Lech, Nov 13, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question