"Completing Installation" hang up?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by YSShing, Dec 22, 2007.

1. YSShing

YSShing

I put together my new rig. Went through to bios, set the dvd drive as top priority boot drive.

Popped in the CD, installation was fine until it seemed to freeze at the "Completing installation" part. I can move the mouse, but it would freeze for a second and start working and freezing again.

Please help, I've googled this problem, and ppl suggest disabling the RAID settings, (done that), installing drviers for the HDD (can't find them on the samsung website).

Thanks in advance.

YSShing, Dec 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. YSShing

kingofnexus

I'd make sure it is 'freezing'. 'Completing windows installation' is one of the longest parts of the installation process, so make sure you give it enough time before deciding its stopped.

kingofnexus, Dec 22, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. YSShing

YSShing

Thanks for replying,

I left the installation to continue for a good 4 hours, came home, switched on the moniter, and all i could see was a blak screen with the mouse cursor in the middle of the screen. Waited for 5 minutes, no change. So i shut off the computer, went into BIOS, booted up from the hard drive, the computer started loading drivers but froze on one of them and didn't countine any further.

I'm really baffled to why it won't work.

Vista works on a P4, i've tried it on my old system. So the processor can't be the problem. I've looked on the Samsung website for drivers (my HDD is a samsung product) and there weren't no drivers.

Please help.

YSShing, Dec 23, 2007
  4. YSShing

dfora18

Should hours and hours be enough time?

dfora18, Oct 16, 2018
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question