Complete PC Backup feature in Vista

Discussion in 'Recovery & Backup' started by Jason, Feb 6, 2007.

1. Jason

Jason

Back it all up: The Business, Enterprise, and Ultimate editions of Windows Vista include the Complete PC Backup feature. It allows you to save an image backup of your system drive (and, optionally, other drives as well), which you can restore in a matter of minutes if you need to recover from a hardware failure or a software mess.

[​IMG]

Data file backups: Windows Vista gives its new Backup utility star billing. For Home Basic and Home Premium editions, you can choose file-based backups based on file types and save your selection for reuse.

[​IMG]

Back up on a schedule: The final step of the Backup program encourages you to create a schedule for automated backups. The first one you create is a full data backup; subsequent runs are incremental, backing up only files that are new or changed since the last backup.

There ya go.Backup your vista before it crashes!http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?page_id=131&page=25

Jason, Feb 6, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Jason

Dallas Vette

If only Acronis v10 would work just as well for Home Premium. $50 down the drain.:angry:

Dallas Vette, Apr 23, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Jason

Mattyspurs

I have got Home Premium and i need to do a backup.

Where do i save them to? ive got cd/dvds but also got spare partitions of my hard drives that i setup for backups etc..

Got OneCare but it wont allow me to backup to them,only to CD/DVD.

Will the built in backup of Vista allow me to backup to my HD Partitions (sick of writing backup on here lol)

Mattyspurs, Jul 25, 2007
  4. Jason

AmericanNightmare

You can do a registry backup anytime in Premium but to do a "full backup" i.e. an image snapshot of your system at the time you have to either get a 3rd party program or do what you have been doing.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 25, 2007
  5. Jason

MrMagic

Interesting comment, I've used Acronis 10 since the day it became available for Vista Home preminut and its saved my backside at least a dozen times, without a single failure. What do you find lacking in it compared to the above?

I find it highly reliable and useful and have yet to have a problem with. Am I missing something?

Steve

MrMagic, Jul 25, 2007
  6. Jason

AmericanNightmare

Ithink itis probably a case of an "operator" malfuntionon that one.Though i never used Acronis myselfi never heard of it not working with Vista Premeium either.

AmericanNightmare, Jul 25, 2007
  7. Jason

mikeody

No problems here with Acronis on Vista Ultimate.

Mind you, I am a 'cheapskate' and use the 'free version' which is available from the Seagate website called Seagate Disk Wizard. It is indeed a re-badged Acronis - exactly as distributed by Acronis - but you must have a Seagate drive installed for it to fully function.

Never had a problem [so far !].

mikeody, Apr 21, 2008
  8. Jason

Jordus

Home users, save your money and juse download the WAIK 1.1 and use WinPE.

Its more robust than CPC, but it is command line driven (you can get a GUI tool overlay for it if you google gimagex and stick that inside the WinPE WIM)

If your fairly technically savvy i would suggest using it.

Jordus, Jun 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question