COMOUTER WONT BOOT HELP PLEASE!

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by alberto6161, May 17, 2010.

1. alberto6161

alberto6161

Hi everyone really hope you can help...

Bscially i have a HP Pavilion slimline s3110.uk model pc, it was working fine until about a week ago it just would not boot in nomral mode.

There has been no new hardware chages or installations, so i i thought maybe system restore could help but even safe mode will not boot properly without black and pink background lines, which change to light blue lines down the screen when on the internet?

If i press f11 to access the recoverd pc option, and then choose safe mode with networking i can access the internet form there, but in normal mode it just wont boot.

The blue Hp Boot screen seems to have dotted lines running through it and after it goes to the black windows loading bar nothing happens!

there was a bluescreen error popped up quickly but the comouter resatrted itself before i could read it but manged to catch the bluescreen bit, plus there was another page that mentioned display driver error but as i said it wpuld not let me read it before it restarted.

Since then we left the computer and turned it on one morning and it booted normally but then froze on my desktop? before a fine blue screen covered my desktop?

Any ideas whether i just need to reinstall the display drivers?

Any help greatly appreciated,

thanks for reading.

alberto6161, May 17, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. alberto6161

WAW8

Go into Startup & Recovery, System Failure and uncheck the Automatically restart box. That way, when you get a crash or bluescreen, the machine won't automatically reboot. That will give you time to write down the information.

Blue screens can be caused by nearly anything, so there's no general fix. Next time it blue screens, write down the info and come back here and go through our pinned post on troubleshooting stop errors.

WAW8, May 18, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. alberto6161

wolfen420

That sounds like a video card that fried to me. Or the ram on the card is hosed. If its built onboard video then the shared memory is a problem which may mean a new motherboard. Ive only seen those kinds of colors on the screen when my video card has fried though.

wolfen420, Jul 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question