Code 80073712

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by prc292, Aug 28, 2007.

1. prc292

Jason

Search the forum there are multiple ways to enable the admin account which have been discussed many times in the past.

Jason, Jan 18, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. prc292

Old Timer

Old Timer, Feb 23, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. prc292

WAW8

You are an extremely fortunate fellow, no, really!!!

That same patch, KB937287, has been implicated in the infamous "infinite reboot loop" problem with Vista machines. There have been LOTS of reports of folks who's machines are now electric bricks due to installing this update -- so much so, that MS pulled it from Windows Update.

Looks like they "accidentally" put it out there again... but they're pulling it back, now.

You must have received it while it was back out there.

WAW8, Feb 23, 2008
  4. prc292

zkwest

This does not work for me, I cannot install SP 1 nor any other updates since this began.

I have started in essential services only, turned off Norton 360.

Frustrating.

zkwest, May 25, 2008
  5. prc292

zkwest

I have not been able to resolve, I have tried everything here with no luck.

Like you I need a computer that works.

zkwest, May 25, 2008
  6. prc292

Beyond014

Hello everyone,

I tried to installed Vista service pack 1 one month before, but I got error code 80073712 and I couldn't fix it. Then i gave up.

Recently, I gave it another try, and I did some search too. Glad I found this forum. I tried every methods in this topic, but I still can't install it.

I have a couple questions, hope you guys could help me. When I tried to change my user account permission, I login as administrator (with disable UAC), but I still can't change the permission. The only account in my computer has full control is "trustedinstaller", but when I tried to find this account in USER on "Computer management", I couldn't find this account. How could I login as trustedinstaller and change the permission??

Mine laptop is ASUS VX2. Does anyone has asus's laptop? Maybe you have same account, trustedinstaller, too.

I tried Sfc /scannow, and everything is fine, but still couldn't install SP1.

I also tried to delete StoreDirty registry key, and it still couldn't fix it.

Right now, I am trying this changing permission stuff and download standalone SP1.

Thanks in advance.

Beyond014, Jul 29, 2008
  7. prc292

jessep1980

Hi all Inew to this forum, I came for help, I was getting the 80073712 error code when I tried to update, after a awhile I give up and reinstalled, I still get the same message after I reinstalled.... I have tried all the solutions here and I keep getting no where... Is there anymore info or ideas on how to fix this??? Thaks:w00t:

jessep1980, Nov 12, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question