Code 19 - Dvd-Rom drive!?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by guy369, Nov 29, 2007.

1. guy369

guy369

In the past day my laptop has stopped allowing me to use my DVD-ROM. When I go to 'Computer' It is not listed, though it is listed in the list of hardware that I can safely remove. I've tried a few basic things, but unfortunately they weren't enough. When I check the status of the drive is says:

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available.

I click 'check for solutions' and nothing happens.

I have 'registryfix' and running this software and letting it try to fix the problem does absolutely nothing (Although it fixed a lot of other minor problems)

Does anybody out there have any solutions? I would greatly appreciate them, I use my DVD-ROM very often.

If you need the model of my DVD-ROM, it is: Optiarc DVD+-RW AD-5540A ATA Device

guy369, Nov 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. guy369

kingofnexus

What is 'registryfix'? A lot of registry fixers do more harm than good and most contain virus's. Do a system restore back to a date before the dvd drive went, then run a virus scan. (Free antivirus can be found here)

kingofnexus, Nov 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question