Cntrl Alt Delete for logon screen

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by ldesilvi, Jun 12, 2007.

1. ldesilvi

ldesilvi

I'm trying to enable the logon screen so that the users must enter their username and password. I've Googled this and it's telling me that you run "netplwiz", then click the Advanced tab and check the box "Require users press Ctrl + Alt + Delete. One problem though: This is greyed out. I cannot change it. I am logged in as Administrator. In doing more research, I go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Local Security Policy > Local Policies > Security Options, I disable "Do not requireCTRL + ALT + DEL". Then if I go to netplwiz, the check box "Require users press Ctrl + Alt + Delete" is checked, but it's still greyed out. Then, if I logoff and log back in, the "Do not require CTRL + ALT + DEL" is enabled again and the netplwiz checkbox is not checked. WTF is going on with this?

Thanks

ldesilvi, Jun 12, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. ldesilvi

Wojman

You need Vista Ultimate in order to do that, you can't do that with Vista Home, Home Premium.

Wojman, Jun 13, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question