clubbing of windows server2008 and windows vista in a single bootable disk

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by cdac_best, Dec 5, 2008.

1. cdac_best

cdac_best

Hi,

I want to club Windows Vista with Windows Server 2008 (Longhorn).

If this is possible then please let me know how?

And if it is not possible then please tell me why?

Thanks.

cdac_best, Dec 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. cdac_best

WAW8

Don't understand what "clubbing" means. Are you asking if you can create a single multi-OS boot disk?

WAW8, Dec 5, 2008
    1. Advertisements

3. cdac_best

cdac_best

Greetings,

You are absolutely correct. We have to combine Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008 (Longhorn) on a single DVD to form a Bootable DVD with Multi OS option.

I would appreciate if you can share your experience regarding this or can get some information on this.

Regards

cdac_best, Dec 16, 2008
  4. cdac_best

WAW8

IF I understand your question, you want to be able to burn a single DVD that will boot into either Server 2K8 or Vista. This means that after the boot process, the machine is either running Server 2K8 or Vista.

I don't work with the Server OS's, so can't speak to them, but as far as I know, there is no way to make a bootable CD/DVD that will actually boot into Vista (like Knoppix or the various Linux LiveCD versions). Even MS's own Vista DVDs don't actually boot into Vista itself.

The closest thing that I know that MS has is the ability to create a WinPE CD, from which you can boot a scaled-back version of windows to do some basic stuff. You can google for sources from which you can download that. If you use Torrents, you can go to the NeoSmart forums and obtain a burnable ISO image from them.

Or, you can download the WAIK directly from MS and build your own WinPE CD.

But again, these are not versions of Vista that can actually run from the CD; they're just Windows boot CDs.

WAW8, Dec 17, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question