[CLOSED] Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit Vista Ult.

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Blazingpheonix, Feb 2, 2008.

1. Blazingpheonix

Blazingpheonix

Hi I'm new to the forums but quick to ask for help:p Any way back in August I bought the Upgrade to windows Vista Ultimate (came with 32bit and 64bit DVD's) . I had XP home. So far I have been overall happy with my Vista experience but am considering upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit. I want to be able to use up to four gigs of ram, As I understand I will need 64bit to do this as 32bit is only capable of 3 gigs Of RAM.

So Can I put the 64bit upgrade disc into my drive and just go from 32 bit to 64 it (Of course I will need to get new drivers) Or will I have to format my drive, install XP and then install 64bit vista? And will I be able to use my product Key twice if I have already registered 32bit? Thanks.;)

P.S I run alot of games and consider myself more of a power user than a casual PC user. How are drivers for Vista 64bit now? And is it worth it or should I just use 3 gigs of ram? Another reason I want to go to 64bit is because I plan on this year getting a 1 gig Video card, and If I'm correct 32 bit would subtract that from my installed ram.

Blazingpheonix, Feb 2, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. Blazingpheonix

WAW8

WAW8, Feb 3, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question