Close and minimize commands stopped working

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by plugger, Dec 4, 2010.

1. plugger

plugger

The three command ikons in the upper right corner of my windows ( _ for minimize, X for close window and a box for full screen) -- are functioning oddly. I have Vista Home Premium running on a Dell Inspiron 1720.
    Until today all three ikons responded to a single mouse click, but now it takes two. A single click gets no response.
    If I click twice, the "full screen" box ikon behaves normally, but clicking twice on the dash to minimize, or on the X to close the window, executes the full screen command instead. (In other words, all three ikons now do the same thing -- full screen.)
    I can still minimize or close my windows by using a right mouse click and the command menu, but I want to get the ikons functioning again.

FYI, this problem begin after I rebooted normally (not in safe mode, unfortunately). The computer screen had gone gray and was not responding to any commands. I tried task manager but got no response. After waiting about half an hour with no change, I pushed the on/off button and shut down. After a minute or so I pushed the button again and let it reboot normally. I've searched the net but could not find a post that dealt with this same problem. Help!

plugger, Dec 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. plugger

plugger

This is embarrassing, but the problem may be just that I was in Google Chrome instead of Bing (in Windows Explorer.) The ikons work in Bing. Chrome uses its own tab for this. Sorry.

plugger, Dec 4, 2010
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question