Clean Install Hangs on 1st Reboot

Discussion in 'Installation & Compatibility' started by Garnett, May 26, 2007.

1. Garnett

Garnett

I'm trying to install Windows Vista Ultimate (OEM) on a custom-built computer, and I am having some problems. Upon the first reboot during installation - the part where the computer is set to boot from the hard disk to continue installation - nothing happens. The system displays "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", and then if I don't, the prompt just sits there as though there were no bootable OS on the drive at all.

My hardware &amp; software:<UL><LI>Intel Celeron D 2.8GHz</LI><LI>ASUS P5PE-VM Motherboard (Intel 865G / ICH5 chipset)</LI><LI>Western Digital Caviar 80GB hard drive (Ultra ATA100, Product ID WD800JB)</LI><LI>Sony NEC Optiarc DVD+-RW drive (SATA)</LI><LI>2GB (2x1GB) G.Skill DDR 400 Memory</LI><LI>Windows Vista Ultimate, OEM, 32-bit edition</LI>[/list]

I've done some Googling of the problem, but it seems that the only other people who have had to deal with it were either running a RAID, or using Vista during early days of the beta.

Help!

Garnett, May 26, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Garnett

Jason

A lot of people have had that problem, and they updated their mainboard bios and it installed fine. I'd try that first.

Jason, May 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Garnett

WAW8

WAW8, May 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question