Chrome Network Conn. Flatlines...

Discussion in 'Networking & Internet' started by Cantiloper, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Cantiloper

Cantiloper

Over the last few weeks I've had a problem that seems to be getting worse. I will have what looks/feels like normal behavior while browsing with Chrome for a while (10 to 30 minutes...) and then, suddenly nothing will load and my Taskbar networking simply flatlines. The computer itself is still connected just fine: I can call up Firefox and it's fine, and if I close and reopen Chrome the same thing will happen again after a while.

Plus, while I'm not certain about this, I believe that the general network activity is different than was usual: more volume, plus the funny rectangular repetitive shapes: almost like a row of block houses on the horizon with little squiggly tiles for roofing. (OK, go ahead, laugh at my highly technical description...)

Any thoughts out there on this?

:?
    MJM

Attached Files:

Cantiloper, Sep 17, 2015
    1. Advertisements

2. Cantiloper

Edward S

Hello,

Posting answer so that it would help others.

Looking at the description, it seems that the issue is with Chrome itself rather than connectivity.
    I would suggest installing the latest version of Chrome.
    If you have a latest version, try uninstalling and reinstalling.
    If you are facing this issue after a recent upgrade to latest version, try to roll back to the previous version.

All the best.

Edward S, Apr 11, 2016
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question