Choppy Sound while playing WoW

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Elitey, Mar 29, 2007.

1. Elitey

Elitey

I just got a HP laptop, 2.0 Ghz, 1 Gig ram, and Nvidia graphics. I am getting very choppy music while I play World of Warcraft, and when cds are in its a little choppy here and there. Anyone know what I can do to fix this? =(

Elitey, Mar 29, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Elitey

Jason

Depending on the CPU, and graphics card. Your pc may just be a tad slow. Have you tried listening to just music? (Just having WMP open and nothing else?). While playing you can go to your task manager (right click start menu > task manager). And go to process's to see whats taking your CPU. The choppiness is due to something interrupting and taking CPU time away from WMP. Whether it be a Vista service or another app. You can try right clicking the WMP process in the process pain inside task manager and hit Priority > Realtime. To give it the highest CPU priority.

All in all you probably need more ram, and you won't have this problem anymore. I used to have 2GB of ram, now I have 1.5 due to failures, and my WMP is choppy a lot too. I started using winamp and it seems to buffer songs much better. WMP isn't very good at buffering songs.

Jason, Mar 30, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question