Changing the Vista Folder Nav GUI

Discussion in 'Performance & Tweaks' started by scytheye, Jan 16, 2009.

1. scytheye

scytheye

So here's a real challenge for y'all :D , I've been all over the web and haven't been able to find zip :hehe: .

I'm trying to make my desktop, and my folder navigation look like a carousel - almost exactly like this one: click to see it animate

[​IMG]

Ideally, I want to change the windows folder GUI to reflect something like this - it doesn't even have to be flash based. If this is ABSOLUTELY not possible with Vista, I could really use some suggestions on how to build a website for simple bookmark navigation using this carousel instead. Email me directly if you have already figured this out: [email protected]

Please: I DO know that Windoze ain't the premier OS. I realize that I may get a lot of responses about how I should switch to Ubuntu, Swahili, Linux, Linus, Snoopy, and Lucy but I have no idea how to use those so if you are willing to walk me through it then by all means suggest an OS switch.

scytheye, Jan 16, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. scytheye

WAW8

I'm not going to waste your time telling you to switch to something else -- I have a problem myself with folks that do that.

Don't know of any way to change the folder styles in Vista. There were cracked version of uxtheme available for XP that would allow the use of third-party theme stylers, which could then change basically any part of the GUI. Don't know if the same exists for Vista.

There are a number of GUI-changing products available from StarDock and I think they have some free trials. You should check them out and see if any of them do what you want.

WAW8, Jan 17, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question