changing the rip folder in media player 11

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by prc292, Jul 15, 2008.

1. prc292

prc292

ive read all over the place that you can't change the rip folder in media player 11 but something has got me baffled. i just did a clean install of vista premium (which ive done many times) and came up with a problem ive never had before. i like to move all my media and documents off of the os drive. so i moved my music folder (which contains the rip folder) and now every time i open media player a new music folder is created in the original place with just a rip folder. not only that but it changes my start menu shortcut for music back also. i cant seem to stop it. i have to keep changing the location of my music folder and deleting the music folder. ive never had this happen before and it's stumped me.

any ideas to stop this?

prc292, Jul 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

2. prc292

prc292

i apologize but i just figured this out myself. i Googled all over the place and found countless posts saying you couldn't move the rip folder and no solutions to my question so i hope this helps someone. you can definitely move the folder by going to the rip drop down box and ckick on "more options". click on the "rip music" tab and click change box next to "rip music to...". Ive found that you can move it, but you can't make media player "ignore it" when adding files to the library automatically.

hope this helps some else out.

prc292, Jul 15, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question