Changed drive letters, now have no music folder?

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Tha*Lunat!k, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Tha*Lunat!k

Tha*Lunat!k

I changed one of my hard disks used for storage from G: to E: so that it would match how it is laid out in XP. After a reboot I noticed that within my User folder I no longer have a Music folder, which happened to be pointing to a folder on the "former" G:. See this screenshot:

[​IMG]

Additionally, the start menu link to Music is nothing whatsoever now...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I noticed in Media Player that a lot of the album cover art I had set on my music was now gone, though all the rest of the MP3's information remained.

Since I can't right-click the Music folder in order to change "Location" I don't know how to restore it or reset it. Strangely enough the folder with all the music in it that was being pointed to still has the greenish Music folder icon that Vista gave it when I originally assigned it as the default music folder.

Another oddity is that within Media Player if I right-click an MP3 and choose "Open File Location" it does nothing whatsoever, as if it can't figure out what to open, though it can play the files just fine still.

Anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? I tried setting the drive letter back but it didn't seem to correct the issue. It's very annoying!

Tha*Lunat!k, Jan 27, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. Tha*Lunat!k

Casualtraveller

I done the same thing - u need to install and run tweak vi and you can set the proper location for the music folder again

It will then update on your start menu on the right

http://www.tweakvi.com/

Casualtraveller, Feb 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. Tha*Lunat!k

Tha*Lunat!k

Thanks, if this happens again I'll know where to look :)

I have since purchased a new computer and reinstalled Vista, so it's fine for now. At least I'll know what to do in case it recurs (I know now not to do this :p).

Tha*Lunat!k, Feb 3, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question