CDDVDW TS-L632H ATA Device - error code 10

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by Lnegron, Oct 3, 2009.

1. Lnegron

Lnegron

I bought a Toshiba A205 laptop with Vista pre-loaded and everything was fine up until now. My DVD drive is not working now. I went into Control Panel and hit the Device Manager Icon to see if the device is at all is recognized. What I noticed was a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside of it. The message stated that "This device can not start - error code 10."

I searched throughout the Internet to find the quick fix,but it seems every commercial website wants to sell you some type of fix em up software.

To note, I'm not a windows SA or pretend to be one. Can someone help me understand how to fix this? And where (link) to find the device driver if I have to reload it? BTW - I went to Toshiba's website and I could not find it anywhere.

I'm sure it's a easy fix for you windows gurus.

Your thoughts? Thanks in advance....

Larry

Lnegron, Oct 3, 2009
    1. Advertisements

2. Lnegron

Guest Guest

Guest, Oct 4, 2009
    1. Advertisements

3. Lnegron

Lnegron

Hello Peter:

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately the link references a 'USB' scenario and the DVD drive I have is an internal DVD drive, which is not a USB connection. The details in the link does reference 'code 10', but specific to a USB connection.

By any chance, is there a reference to the internal device?

Your thoughts? Thanks.

Lnegron, Oct 4, 2009
  4. Lnegron

Lnegron

Hello Peter:

Sorry I should have also stated, that I did 'uninstall' the device driver for the internal DVD device, and re-booted my laptop. Unfortunately re-booting Vista and having Vista re-install the device drivers did not fix the problem.

I'm thinking maybe the drive just 'went bad'? I don't know what else to think?

Thanks for your input anyway.

Lnegron, Oct 4, 2009
  5. Lnegron

Guest Guest

DQoiTG5lZ3JvbiIgd3JvdGUgaW4gbWVzc2FnZSBuZXdzOiNrOWRaWFNSS0hBLjc2NEBUSzJNU0ZU
    TkdQMDIucGh4LmdibC4uLg0KPiBIZWxsbyBQZXRlcjogIA0KPiANCj4gU29ycnkgSSBzaG91bGQg
    aGF2ZSBhbHNvIHN0YXRlZCwgdGhhdCBJIGRpZCAndW5pbnN0YWxsJyB0aGUgZGV2aWNlIGRyaXZl
    ciBmb3IgdGhlIGludGVybmFsIERWRCBkZXZpY2UsIGFuZCByZS1ib290ZWQgbXkgbGFwdG9wLiAg
    VW5mb3J0dW5hdGVseSByZS1ib290aW5nIFZpc3RhIGFuZCBoYXZpbmcgVmlzdGEgcmUtaW5zdGFs
    bCB0aGUgZGV2aWNlIGRyaXZlcnMgZGlkIG5vdCBmaXggdGhlIHByb2JsZW0uICANCj4gDQo+IEkn
    bSB0aGlua2luZyBtYXliZSB0aGUgZHJpdmUganVzdCAnd2VudCBiYWQnPyAgSSBkb24ndCBrbm93
    IHdoYXQgZWxzZSB0byB0aGluaz8gICAgDQo+IA0KPiBUaGFua3MgZm9yIHlvdXIgaW5wdXQgYW55
    d2F5Lg0KPiANCj4gDQo+IFBvc3QgT3JpZ2luYXRlZCBmcm9tIGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuVmlzdGFGb3J1
    bXMuY29tIFZpc3RhIFN1cHBvcnQgRm9ydW1zDQoNCg0KU291bmRzIGxpa2UgaXQncyBiYWQgZHJp
    dmUuICBHZXQgaXQgcmVwbGFjZWQgd2l0aCBhbiBpbnRlcm5hbCBvciBtYXliZSBnZXQgYW4gZXh0
    ZXJuYWwgVVNCIERWRCBkcml2ZS4g

Guest, Oct 4, 2009
  6. Lnegron

Lnegron

?????????????????????????

Lnegron, Oct 4, 2009
  7. Lnegron

Guest Guest

Applies to an internal drive also

--
    Peter

Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
    Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.

Guest, Oct 6, 2009
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question