CD-ROM wont read stronghold collection please help?

Discussion in 'Gaming Support' started by medhood, Sep 9, 2010.

1. medhood

medhood

I bought the stronghold collect game today from eb games and when i came home to install the game (well only stronghold 2 and stronghold legends as they are 3d) i inserted the disk and auto-run didn't start so i went to my computer it wouldn't say the games name but clicked on cd-drive and still wont work (it said please insert disk and my CD-ROM ejected) so i deleted my CD-ROM drive from device manager and installed a new one(via fix it) and i tried again still wont work any solutions would be a great help

Notes: All my other games would work e.g Age of empires 3, Dawn of war and Rome total war etc. Stronghold 2 demo worked when i downloaded and played it but the only other game wont work is age of mythology and it didn't work on xp but i upgraded to vista.

(i'll maybe post a video or some pictures showing my problem soon but maybe)

EDIT: By the way were could i download drivers for HP and how do i check my current CD-ROM model number

medhood, Sep 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

2. medhood

Ian Administrator

Hi Medhood - do other CD's work in this drive? It could be that this particular CD is faulty (or dirty/unreadable).

Ian, Sep 9, 2010
    1. Advertisements

3. medhood

apingo

same thing happend to me

apingo, Apr 9, 2011
  4. medhood

dslodge

Same problem

Same problem here...the cd works in one computer but keeps ejecting from another one.Not sure what the problem is since it meets all system req.

dslodge, Apr 30, 2011
  5. medhood

dslodge

Same problem

Same problem here...the cd works in one computer but keeps ejecting from another one.Not sure what the problem is since it meets all system req.

dslodge, Apr 30, 2011
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question