CD/DVD drives not working

Discussion in 'General Technical' started by spartacus1875, Apr 22, 2007.

1. spartacus1875

Titch

Have you tried a sesrvice like Driver Agent.com. You can use the free scan service to find if there are drivers for your drive but it does cost $30 USD to actually get a link to the drivers. That may work out to be an uneconomical option for yourself, ifit is the only issue you are having, but it works for me. The free scan will atleast indicate the availability of drivers and should also tell you the driver vendor (It may not be Pioneer).

Titch, Apr 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. spartacus1875

Ollieover

this was from Acer and it reloaded my drivers andthe drive is working....but for how long???? Disk2Disk recovery feature (which should be supported by your machine). This can be initiated by pressing ALT + F10 when the computer is first switched on. You will need to hold down ALT as soon as the Acer splash screen appears, and repeatedly press F10. The window of opportunity is very small, so this may take a few attempts. The Disk2Disk recovery feature allows you to recover the system without recovery CDs. This will return your system to factory settings and will delete everything stored on the machine. If possible we strongly advise backing up anything important on your machine before starting the recovery process. it takes a while to reload and reset it self.

Ollieover, Apr 28, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. spartacus1875

spartacus1875

has anyone else who had this problem got it sorted yet?

spartacus1875, May 14, 2007
  4. spartacus1875

dextro

dextro, May 28, 2007
  5. spartacus1875

spartacus1875

finally got a reply from acer and they gave exactly the same response as the previous post, should have kept a check on here lol, followed the instructions in Method 2 and it worked a treat. so if anyone else has this problem, try it out, takes litterally 2 minutes to fix. finally have my drives back :D

spartacus1875, Jun 12, 2007
  6. spartacus1875

redcow

I'm in the same boat. My desktop wouldn't autostart a CD. I pulled up 'my computer' and no CD drive and no DVD drive.

I get the same 39 driver error for both drives. And when I say update the drivers, I'm told that both drivers are updated.

On bootup the drives are displayed. So the BIOS sees them.

About the same time that this started my computer won't 'shutdown'. It says logging off user and then the 'shutdown' message appears with the spinning wheel and never goes away.

I can't believe that drivers for two different devices....at the same time.....

Anyways, any ideas on the 'shutdown' problem?

redcow, Jun 13, 2007
  7. spartacus1875

spartacus1875

haven't got a clue about your shutdown problem, but if u follow the instructions in the link above, that will solve your drives problem

spartacus1875, Jun 14, 2007
  8. spartacus1875

redcow

Thanks Spartacus,

My CD and DVD drives are back and it fixed my Shutdown problem.

redcow, Jun 16, 2007
  9. spartacus1875

Psylosyfer

Matsushita is the parent company of Panasonic, Quasar,Technics. Usually VERY reliable

products!

Psylosyfer, Jun 21, 2007
  10. spartacus1875

AgGeLiKh15

hey guys!i have exactly the same problem with my laptop!it can't autostart any cd or dvd..i updated it and it says it's ok but it doesn't!i also read the above but i can't do that because i'm not an expert on pcs...:p

if i uninstall it,can someone give me the driver to install it again??i searched on acer's site but i didn't find anything for my laptop(actually i'm not sure if my search was ok cause as i said i'm mot an expert :p ..can someone check it out again?)

my laptop details: acer aspire 5630

dvd drive details:pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17RS ATA Device

pls help me! :D:w00t:

AgGeLiKh15, May 9, 2008
  11. spartacus1875

WAW8

We don't provide drivers; we provide advice.

We're not a tech support organization like Dell or Geek Squad, meaning, we don't provide online support where someone calls or chats with folks and walks them through fixing a PC.

So, you can either do the Disk2Disk recovery method, or read the MS KB information and use the method (I believe it was #2) that a previous poster said worked.

WAW8, May 9, 2008
  12. spartacus1875

Hi !

I've been facing trouble burning DVDs/CDs on the Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-K17RS ATA Device which gives me a write error each time ... I've tried Ashampoo, Nero, the built-in writing programs and all are unable to write. It reads blank DVDs / CDs however stalls midway through the burning ! The Drivers are all updated but seems there is some problem with the writer. It was working fine with Ashampoo earlier ...

Please help ! :)

Acer Aspire 5610Z, Intel Pentium Dual Core T2060 @ 1.60 Ghz

1 Gb RAM ; 120 Gb HDD, Windows Vista Home Premium ...

84735, Sep 11, 2008
  13. spartacus1875

WAW8

84735:

Your's is actually a different problem than what this thread is about. In your case, the drives DO work, you're just having problems part way through the burning process.

Please start a new thread with your previous information -- and we'll get back to you on that.

WAW8, Sep 12, 2008
  14. spartacus1875

james wilkins

Any third-party programs that control CD or DVD burning (as well as some player applications) install CD- or DVD-ROM filter device drivers into Windows. These filter drivers are meant to allow for low-level hooks into the hardware, to allow for functions such as packet writing (where a CD-R/W or DVD-/+RW can be written incrementally, like a hard disk).These filter drivers sometimes have problems that can cause the CD or DVD drive to stop working correctly. The device entry for the CD or DVD drive in the Device Manager may show up with an error descriptor that reads "The device could not start." Additionally, there may be an error message that reads "One of the filter drivers for this device is invalid." The devices themselves do not show up in Explorer. Error codes for the device include code 31, code 32, code 19 or code 39, and sometimes the even more ominous warning "Your registry might be corrupted" appears.Fixing the problem simply involves deleting the filter entries for the third-party device drivers.

------------------------

james wilkins

Link Building

james wilkins, Sep 25, 2008
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question